Setting the Dynamic List/Menu dialog box options
The Dynamic List/Menu dialog box lets you a populate a list/menu form object with content from a database or other content source.
To set the dialog box options:
- In the Menu pop-up menu, select the list/menu form object you want to make dynamic.
- In the options From Recordset pop-up menu, select the recordset you want to use as a content source. This menu also allows you to later edit both static and dynamic list/menu items.
- The Static Options area lets you enter a default item in the list or menu. This portion of the dialog box also allows you to edit static entries in a list/menu form object after adding dynamic content.
Use the Plus (+) and Minus () buttons to add and remove items in the list. Items are in the same order as in the Initial List Values dialog box. The first item on the list is the selected item when the page is loaded in a browser. Use the up and down arrow buttons to rearrange items in the list.
- In the Values pop-up menu, select the field containing the values of the menu items.
- In the Labels pop-up menu, select the field containing the labels for the menu items.
- If you want a particular menu item to be selected when the page opens in a browser or when a record is displayed in the form, enter a value equal to the menu items value in the Select Value Equal To box.
You can enter a static value or you can specify a dynamic one by clicking the lightning bolt icon beside the box and selecting a dynamic value from the list of data sources. In either case, the value you specify should match one of the menu item values.
- Click OK.
- Creating a dynamic HTML form menu
- Making existing HTML form menus dynamic
- Defining a recordset
- Inserting HTML form menus