Linking to an external script file
You can create a link in your document to an external script file without leaving Design view.
Before starting, select View > Visual Aids > Invisible Elements to ensure that script markers will appear on the page.
To link to an external script file:
- Place the insertion point where you want the script.
- Select Insert > Script Objects > Script.
The Script dialog box appears.
- Click OK without typing anything in the Content box.
- Select the script marker in Design view of the Document window.
- In the Property inspector, click the folder icon and browse to and select the external script file, or type the filename in the Source box.
- Writing a client-side script in Design view
- Editing a script in Design view