Copying the sample files
If you havent already done so, copy the sample files from the Dreamweaver application folder to a folder on your hard disk.
To copy the sample files:
- Create a new folder called local_sites in your user folder on your hard disk.
For example, create one of the following folders:
- C:\Documents and Setting\your_user_name\My Documents\local_sites (Windows)
- /Users/your_user_name/Documents/local_sites (Macintosh).
On the Macintosh, theres a folder called Sites already in your user folder. Dont use that Sites folder as your local folder; the Sites folder is where you place your pages to make them publicly accessible when youre using the Macintosh as a web server.
- Locate the cafe_townsend folder in the Dreamweaver application folder on your hard disk.
If you installed Dreamweaver to its default location, the path to the folder is as follows:
- In Windows: C:\Program Files\Macromedia\Dreamweaver 8\Tutorial_assets\ cafe_townsend\.
- On the Macintosh: Macintosh HD/Applications/Macromedia Dreamweaver 8/Tutorial_assets/cafe_townsend.
- Copy the cafe_townsend folder into the local_sites folder.
The cafe_townsend folder is the folder that you will use as the root folder (main folder) for your Dreamweaver site.
After copying the cafe_townsend folder, define the folder as a Dreamweaver local folder. (See Defining a local folder.)