Creating a dynamic ASP.NET menu
You can dynamically populate an ASP.NET menu control such as DropDownList or ListBox with entries from a database.
Before you begin, you must define a DataSet or other source of dynamic content for the menu. For more information, see Defining a recordset.
To insert a dynamic menu in an ASP.NET page:
- Open the ASP.NET page and position the insertion point where you want the menu to appear.
- Select Insert > ASP.NET Objects; then select asp:DropDownList or asp:ListBox.
The form controls dialog box appears.
- Complete the dialog box and click OK.
For more information, see the following topics:
- Setting the asp:DropDownList dialog box options
- Setting the asp:ListBox dialog box options
Dreamweaver inserts the form control at the insertion point in your page. If you didnt insert a form, Dreamweaver inserts one that includes a
- Setting the properties of ASP.NET form controls
- Making an existing ASP.NET menu dynamic