Setting the Insert Record dialog box options (ASP & JSP)
The purpose of this dialog box is to add a server behavior to a page containing an HTML form so that users can insert records in a database table when they click the Submit button on the form.
Before adding this server behavior, the page must contain an HTML form with a Submit button.
To set the dialog box options:
- In the Connection pop-up menu, select a connection to the database.
Click the Define button if you need to define a connection.
- In the Insert Into Table pop-up menu, select the database table into which the record should be inserted.
- In the After Inserting, Go To text box, enter the page to open after the record is inserted into the table or click Browse to browse to the file.
- In the Get Values From pop-up menu, select the HTML form used to enter the data.
Dreamweaver automatically selects the first form on your page.
- Specify a database column to insert the record in, select the form object that will insert the record from the Value pop-up menu, and then select a data type for the form object from the Submit As pop-up menu.
The data type is the kind of data the column in your database table is expecting (text, numeric, Boolean checkbox values).
Repeat the procedure for each form object in your form.
- Click OK.
Dreamweaver adds a server behavior to the page that lets users insert records in a database table by filling out the HTML form and clicking the Submit button.
- Building an insert page block by block