Web application developers
If you are a web application developer, this section will point you to sections of the Dreamweaver documentation that are most appropriate for your background. There are two different approaches, depending on whether youve used Dreamweaver before.
For web application developers who have not used Dreamweaver:
- Begin by quickly reading Getting Started in Dreamweaver to familiarize yourself with the basics of using Dreamweaver.
- In Using Dreamweaver, read Exploring the Workspace to learn more about the Dreamweaver user interface.
- Although much of the material in Setting Up a Dreamweaver Site and Managing Your Files is probably familiar to you, skim those chapters to see how these familiar concepts are implemented in Dreamweaver. Pay particular attention to the sections on setting up a Dreamweaver site.
- Set up a web server and application server using Dreamweaver. (See Setting Up a Web Application.)
- Connect to a database. (See Connecting to a database.)
- Read the overview at the beginning of each of the chapter in Using Dreamweaver to determine whether its topics are of interest to you.
For experienced web application developers who have used Dreamweaver:
- Begin by reading Whats new in Dreamweaver 8.
- In Using Dreamweaver, skim Exploring the Workspace to learn about new aspects of the Dreamweaver user interface.
- If youre interested in customizing Dreamweaver by hand, read "Customizing Dreamweaver" on the Macromedia Support Center at www.macromedia.com/go/customizing_dreamweaver. If you want to write extensions for Dreamweaver, read Extending Dreamweaver.