Setting the Delete Record dialog box options (ColdFusion)
The purpose of this dialog box is to add a server behavior to a page containing an HTML form so that users can delete a record in a database table when they click the Submit button on the form.
To set the dialog box options:
- In the First Check If Variable Is Defined pop-up menu, select Primary Key Value.
If you want to check a variable other than the variable identifying the record to delete, then select the variable, and enter its name.
Dreamweaver checks to see if that variable is defined.
- In the Data Source pop-up menu, select a connection to the database.
- Enter your user name and password.
- In the Table pop-up menu, select the database table containing the records to delete.
- In the Primary Key Column pop-up menu, select a key column to identify the record in the database table.
If the value is a number, select the Numeric option. A key column usually accepts only numeric values, but sometimes it accepts text values.
- In the Primary Key Value pop-up menu, select the variable identifying the record to delete, and then enter its name.
- In the After Deleting, Go To text box, enter the page to open after the record is deleted from the database table or click the Browse button to browse to the file.
- Click OK.
Dreamweaver adds a server behavior to the page that lets users delete records in a database table by clicking the Submit button on the form.