Setting the Configure Server dialog box options for RDS
The purpose of this dialog box is to connect to a remote server using RDS access.
To configure a remote server for RDS access:
- Enter a name for the server in the Description text field.
This is the name that will appear in the pop-up menu at the top of the Files panel.
- Select RDS from the Access Type pop-up menu.
- Enter the URL that users type in their browsers to open your web application, but do not include any filename.
Suppose your applications URL is www.macromedia.com/mycoolapp/start.jsp. In this case, you would enter the following URL prefix: www.macromedia.com/mycoolapp/.
- Click the Settings button to complete the access information.
The Configure RDS Server dialog box appears.
- Complete the dialog box, then click OK.
For more information, see Setting up RDS access.
- Click OK.
- Setting up Dreamweaver to work without defining a site