Setting up a local folder
The local folder is your working directory for your Dreamweaver site. This folder can be on your local machine or it can be on a network server.
To set up a local folder:
- Select Site > Manage Sites.
The Manage Sites dialog box appears.
If you dont have any Dreamweaver sites defined, then the Site Definition dialog box appears and you can skip the next step.
- Click New.
The Site Definition dialog box appears.
- Click the Advanced button, if the Advanced settings arent showing.
The Advanced tab of the Site Definition dialog box displays the Local Info category options.
- Enter the Local Info options.
For more information, see Setting Local Info category options.
- (Optional) If you are ready to set up your remote server now, skip the remaining step; select the Remote Info category on the left, then complete the dialog box.
For more information, see Setting Remote Info category options.
- Click OK.
Dreamweaver creates the initial site cache, and the new Dreamweaver site appears in the Files panel.
After you set up a local folder, you might also add remote and testing folders (see Setting up a remote folder and Specifying where dynamic pages can be processed).
- About Dreamweaver sites
- Managing Your Files
- Setting up a remote folder