Using a CFC recordset as a source of dynamic content
You can use a ColdFusion component (CFC) as a source of dynamic content for your pages if the component contains a function defining a recordset. For more information on creating this kind of CFC, see Defining a recordset in a ColdFusion component.
This feature is only available if you have access to a computer running ColdFusion MX 7 or later. For more information, see Enabling the ColdFusion enhancements.
To use a CFC recordset as a source of dynamic content:
- Open a ColdFusion page in Dreamweaver.
- In the Bindings panel (Window > Bindings), click the Plus (+) button and select Recordset (Query) from the pop-up menu.
The Recordset dialog box appears. You can work in either the simple or the advanced Recordset dialog box.
- Click the CFC Query button.
The CFC query dialog box appears.
- Complete the dialog box.
For instructions, click the Help button in the dialog box.
- Click OK to close the CFC Query dialog box, and then click OK again to add the CFC recordset to the list of available content sources in the Bindings panel.
- Use the Bindings panel to bind the recordset to various page elements.
For more information, see Adding Dynamic Content to Web Pages.
- Defining a recordset in a ColdFusion component